Thursday, December 9, 2010

Guys and Dolls

Hello,

So I got a callback for a lead in Guys and Dolls which was exciting... but I was definitely not the strongest singer there. So I was just hoping to get the roll of a hotbox dancer.. no such luck.

I think the main contributor in that is that I have only been in one VACT show and that was years ago, the other contenders for those dancers were regular VACT actors. I was cast as mission girl. Not as exciting but I am still thrilled to be back to acting.
The director said he is taking a film noir approach to the musical and is really changing the roll of the chorus members so I am excited to see what happens there!

2 comments:

  1. Who says you have to be a strong vocalist? I mean, it helps. However, the best Adelaide/Sarah combo I ever saw was when two brilliant character actresses took on the roles. The singing was so so, but the characterization incorporated their vocal imperfections into the performance. It was terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I suppose that is true, thanks for that. Its nice to hear someone say that, because sometimes I do get caught up in my skills being perfected.

    ReplyDelete