Friday, February 18, 2011

Taking a Break


Hello

So, I am going to take a break from talking about acting just for one post.
I HAVE to talk about Wisconsin.

As you may know, I grew up in Wisconsin, moved to California for a semester and was forced to move back to Wisconsin for financial reasons.

At the time that seemed like a horrible thing, but now, I am so glad I am not missing this school year at Madison.

First, earlier in the year President Obama came to the UW to give a speech, which was so exciting.

Second, the "Teach Me How to Bucky" video was created which is hilariously awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVAZXZfIlNk

Third, Badgers went to the Rose Bowl, we didn't win, but still.

Fourth, the Packers WON THE SUPER BOWL!

Fifth, I voted for the first time, and in an election which turned out to be very significant, not only for Wisconsin, but potentially for other state policies as well. Scott Walker has created a bill that will cut out "collective bargaining rights" for public employees. If you haven't heard about it you probably will soon. The Democratic representitives LEFT THE STATE to prevent the vote from taking place yesterday. Schools have been closing left and right because of teacher and student walk outs, the Madison school district has been closed for three days now. Also, I work right next to the Capitol and so when I look outside the window in my office, from ten stories up, I can see thousands of protesters and I can hear their music and their speeches. It is crazy!!

So I thought I would comment on all of that just because I am in awe, I am glad I am here to witness such an exciting year for Wisconsin.

I know I said I wasn't going to talk about acting.... but Im an actor... so I can't help it, so:

Tonight is opening night for Guys and Dolls eeeek. I will try to post pictures of me in my costumes!

Also, I am submiting a filmed audition for a pretty big project. I know for sure that it will be viewed by the producers, but I am not exactly what the description for the part was looking for. I think I am close enough to the description that they would be fine with that. I REALLY wish I could post the video for you, but I am not sure if there are legal issues with that for a bigger project like this. I think my performance was pretty good though. I mumbled a little at points and I realized I talked in the back of my throat a lot, if that makes sense to you. Anyway, I think it is a cool oportunity just to be seen by people who are higher up in the industry so I am excited about that.


OK, this is the longest post I have done in a while! I hope you enjoyed reading it.

We are not permitted to choose the frame of our destiny. But what we put into it is ours.

-Dag Hammarskjold

No comments:

Post a Comment