Friday, December 4, 2009

A Plan



Hey All

Tomorrow I am going down to San Diego to film! Call is at 430 and I can't wait!

One thing I am excited about is that they are putting me up in a hotel because I am a couple hours from San Diego and I am going to be filming Saturday and Sunday. Something about that makes me happy, it just feels more legit for me to actually go on a little trip to work on a project, I feel like a professional, which I guess I am at this point, right?

The other day I talked with the director for a little while about my character and he told me something interesting that really changes a lot about the meaning behind my lines. In the film I am a 17 year old girl getting an abortion, who changes her mind about it in the end. I assumed that it was just a mistake she had made with her boyfriend and that she was young and naive. The director told me that he imagined that my character had actually been assaulted and that is why her decision to keep the child is so monumental. Also there is a lot of interesting moments between her and the character Tim, such as him touching her stomach while urging her to reconsider that now have a new significance, she doesn't trust him and is terrified of being taken advantage of again.

WOW, can you say drama, this is so intense and I hope that my performance can live up to that, my character has such a roller coaster experience in this and I want to do it justice.


---------

I just finished my last Art homework of the semester and am sooooooo excited about that! I will have finished all of my finals by a week from tuesday. The downside to that is that two days after that I am going home to Wisconsin and not coming back for a while. I still haven't heard from the universities that I applied to for next semester but I still am hoping to get in somewhere.

---------

UGLY BETTY

Today I watched an episode of Ugly Betty, I had never seen the show before but it went on after a show me and my friends were watching about the Princess and the Frog. The ironic thing is that in the episode we watched there was a girl that I have met! Actually, she was in Beauty and the Beast with me back in Wisconsin. I remember I saw her once on a show on the Style Network and I thought it was so cool. Now I saw her on this!

This is something that really urges me on, because she was doing theater in Verona just a few years ago and now she is doing it, getting herself out there! It was by no means a huge role but it was still something and thats what it is all about.

I didn't really get to know her, she is fairly older than me, at the time I was a freshman in high school and she was at least a couple years into college if not older. I am also not in contact with her, but I am definitely rooting her on! She was amazing as Belle and she also reminds me extraordinarily of my cousin. :)

Here is a link to her page on imdb.com :

Liz Holtan

One thing I actually kind of love about this business is the unknown veterans of performance, there is such an emphasis on whether or not you have "made it" and while for the moment some 'stars' may only have 2 or 3 movies on their resume, there are some people out there who are unheard of and yet have hundreds of credits to their name. People always say "it is so hard to get work there is so much competition," while that may be true, it also depends on your standards, if you just want to do it, you can, if you are always trying to reach that fame and fortune, great! But you can't expect it to happen tomorrow, its all about the little jobs along the way.

Complexity creates a maze between you and success. Simplicity ensures a clear line of sight.

-Lee J. Colan

2 comments:

  1. Is it a student film you're doing? It sounds great, I'd love to see it if it gets put on youtube or something!
    I totally agree that people can get work if they really want to, and even tiny roles add to the journey and experience as a whole.
    I hope filming goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I think its a student film, I think its grad students but I am not actually sure. haha. I will post an update on filming soon :) I am supposed to finish up today.

    ReplyDelete