Friday, August 5, 2011

Actually doing it

Hey so um remember when i said I was going to do a video of me performing something pre and post using the Chubbuck method. Well, hey, guess what!? I ACTUALLY am going to follow through on that.

So a couple days ago I recorded two monologues, one from All's Well That Ends Well, and the other from Girl, Interrupted.

Now I have been watching them and I am pretty happy overall, I mean I have recorded myself doing the Girl, Interrupted monolgue before and I think I have gotten a lot better. However, I still am not actually thrilled with my performance of that. I am really happy with the Shakespeare monologue, but I made a few mistakes and whatnot.

So I was thinking I would record them again, and here I was at work with nothing to do. I decided "oh I should use the Chubbuck technique on the monologues". So I have done it for All's Well That blahblah and... well I can't actually do it for Girl, Interrupted yet cause I haven't seen the movie, but I will. So anyway, I can't wait to post the post-Chubb videos. In the mean time here are my first drafts:





"Don't just learn the tricks of the trade. Learn the trade."

No comments:

Post a Comment