Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Just Keep Swimming

Hello all,

So far I think there have been 6 total visitors to this page... probably no one actually read it :) but still its nice I guess.

So I finished Judy Kerr's book and I put it on my christmas list because it is the kind of book that you want to have available on a moments notice.

I learned a lot of interesting things I hadn't really thought of before about ways to advance my career, such as working on a stand up act. See I am definitely not a stand-up kinda gal. I like sitting down and blending in...
However, the way she described it made it seem so simple in a way. Also, I started watching Seinfeld and once you listen to enough stand up you starting hearing jokes in your head and it just starts to flow.

---------------

Now

I still have not had rehearsal for Unborn! The director, got sick and though he said he had recovered for the most part about 4 days ago I haven't heard anything.

I am really excited to start work! I don't like the waiting to go to rehearse and film because I psych myself out, as you witnessed, I am sure, in my past posts. However, looking back on filming The Penny I had so much fun on set, I didn't even really click with the cast and crew it was just being there and doing what I enjoyed that mattered.

My character for this story is so dynamic, she goes through a roller coaster of emotion in just 2 or 3 scenes. The first couple times I read the script I cried, I could connect with the character so easily. I really feel like I understand her and what she is going through even though I am far from experiencing anything like it.

Oh by the way, I think I am going to need to wear a pregnancy belly! Seeing as my character is 16 week s pregnant. Wow, it is going to be difficult to act natural when I have to deal with a whole big addition to my body :)

---------------

Most of the time when you read an acting book the author recommends at least one other acting book. One that I noticed that kept popping up in Acting is Everything was Audition by Michael Shurtleff. When I was at the library today there it was waiting for me. I had tried to start a different acting book but the author was using very abstract ideas and I just wasn't in the mood for that at this point, my texts books give me my fill of that already.

I am excited to read this book, I have another auditioning book too that I have read a little bit of but this is the one that I always see referenced so I look forward to it.
It better not disappoint.

oh, I also checked out New Moon! The movie comes out this week and I am sooo excited. I want to see it at midnight, but I don't think its gonna work, I have class Thursday night, and Friday morning, and no car... you do the math.

--------------

I am scheduled to do some extra work for an upcoming Pilot for Scott Nguyen. It is being filmed on campus so it seemed like a good opportunity to get my feet in the mud without actually having to drive to a set someplace.

That will be on Dec 4

--------------
Oh yeah, I went to a concert! It was AMAZING, because it was HANSON!!
Hanson, yes MMMBop Hanson, is my favorite band and it was great to see them perform... again, I think this was my 6th time seeing them in concert.

Plus, there was a bonus in that I saw Taylor holding one of his kids who was sleeping, sooo precious, I also saw his wifey and the youngest kid... Wow am I a creeper?

yes.

"Victories are easy and cheap. The only victories worth anything are those achieved through hard work and dedication."

-Henry Ward Beecher

No comments:

Post a Comment