Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Opting For Sanity

I had been saying that in my head the past few days. I went into super dream mode. I needed to escape reality for a while, note me being an actress. I couldn't get my head out of the clouds, but today I did it.

The funny thing is, the very beginning of my audition book discusses how no actors are sane. They are all insane and that is part of why they are actors and why they can act. They choose a career in which they know they will most likely have no money from and be stressed a lot, because they know there is something more.

He said to in some ways embrace the sanity. He said, one thing that actors need to get is that, while a lot of us do this because we like the escape, however, acting is not escape, it is putting our naked souls out there for anyone to see. We don't create, we find it in ourselves and let our inner selves come to life.



One difficult part of this is that, when you don't have your head in the clouds you get back all the stress and pain that you were trying to avoid to begin with.

I am emo lately, I apologize. The main reason I am so mopey is that I am so limited in what I can do. I have literally no money, actually I am in debt and I am in college and it isn't gonna be getting easier. It also doesn't help that my mom can't wrap her head around the fact that we don't have money. She still acts like we are gonna get through it, but I really don't see how. I want to take a semester off college or something but she won't accept that. Then again she never accepted that I was going to be an actress or go to school in California until I did it. So, there you go.

------------

On a lighter note. I want to learn to play guitar!!

Not only do I think it would be a great outlet for all my crazy emotions, it would be great for the resume.

I already know some stuff, I own 2 guitars haha, I got one as a present and bought a cheap one when I was younger. I took lessons for a few months but I kept having to switch teachers or days of the week and it got to be too much.

I suddenly got the feeling that I have said this all already, but I reaffirmed it today, because I keep having the urge to write a song but can't... cause I don't have an instrument.

Going on our own, there's no guarantee of success but, that's a chance we're willing to take.

-Zac Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment