Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Self Portrait

This is a project my film teacher (one of my favorite teachers ever!) came up with and she said she really wanted me to do. At that point I had been in an independent film class... but I didn't take it 2nd semester (a decision I will always regret) and so it didn't happen. However, this summer I decided to do it.
I started it... but it is so hard to capture who I am on film, I have a VERY rough edit of it right now but I think I will reshoot most of it, it just doesn't really capture me.

Another issue I am having with it is music, there is no one song out there perfect for me. I have been continuously going to Taylor Swift's "Fearless" but thats more because it goes well with my edited footage rather than it actually being a song I relate to.

SO

I am going to make this project into something way more complicated than necessary. I am going to attempt to write my song. Now this will be difficult seeing as I can't play an instrument. However, I have been going on and off in an attempt to learn guitar and I plan to finally accomplish that this winter. My guitar is back in Wisconsin and so that is why I have to wait. I WILL do it though... it is written here and therefore official, right?

NOW

With the music issue aside I am going to plot out my self portrait here:

-The first draft ended up giving me some good ideas. I want to have a constant image of me in the background, the image will change but it will always be me.
--One thing I messed around with was having video of me overlapping things and I had different types of make-up to reveal different sides of myself
-I want it to meld from being about me to being about people I love because they shape who I am more than I do.
-I have certain objects that mean something to me, such as flowers and little toys I have been given by friends.
-I have my short films and theatre productions to draw from because they definitely shaped me.

...thats it... thats all I have got
I guess I need to brainstorm a little more.

Creativity comes from trust. Trust your instincts. And never hope more than you work

- Rita Mae Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment