Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Starting Place

Today I had a very lazy day:
-I went to class
-watched Seinfeld
-went to class
-went to the library
-slept from around 3 to 530.

I am in class right now as well I admit. I haven't done much today to advance my career, I haven't even read any of my acting book.

HOWEVER,
I got my first role in California today! I am playing a character named SAMANTHA in a short called Unborn.

Now I am scared... AH
When I first was told I was being "seriously considered" for the role I started working on the script and character work. The lines are fairly easy to master with memorization but there is a lot of emotional intensity with every little "Um" because this role is about a girl who has chosen to get an abortion.

So I have some of the ground work sorted out already but I have a ways to go. I have two scenes chock full of emotional and dramatic charge, it will be a challenge.

I know it is cliche but I am worried about the crying issue because I really think my character is going through such extreme events that it is hard to believe that she wouldn't cry. I think I could get there though, I just need to be in my character's head the whole time on set and really experience it.


I am so excited to work on this, I have rehearsals this weekend and I film the weekend after that. Filming is in San Diego though! That is pretty far from here, but my aunt is lending me her car.

It is silly but I am also excited that I will soon have more than one thing listed in the "Film" section of my resume.

Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing.
-Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment